Our Dawson project is located in the Peace River, Alberta area, situated on a large Bluesky formation of heavy oil/oil sands fairway. It contains an estimated resource potential of 30 million barrels of exploitable oil-in-place in the upper portions of the main producing zone.
This project has very similar characteristics to, and will be developed much the same way as, our Kerrobert project. In fact, the surface facility used for the first two well-pairs at Kerrobert will be re-used on the Dawson demonstration project. The Dawson demonstration project will initially consist of two THAI® well-pairs with the potential to increase the size of the project to an estimated 20,000 bopd on existing land.
- Petrobank lands
- Channel edge
- Existing horizontal oil well
- Planned THAI® oil well
- Q4 2011 We plan to drill one well-pair this quarter and one well-pair in early 2012. Air injection and production on the first well-pair is expected before the end of the year. We also be submitting the regulatory application for our Dawson expansion project in Q4.
- Q3 2011 Civil work for the demonstration project commenced.
- NOV 2010 We received final regulatory approval for the Demonstration Project.
- OCT 2010 We consolidated our Dawson land holdings by acquiring the 50 percent working interest from our joint venture partner on the property.